I. Books, Monographs, and Reports
• Vinod Ahuja, Mamta Dhawan,
Subranshu Pan. Dead Birds or
Shattered Hopes?, A Study of the Impact of
Bird Flu on Poor People’s
Poultry Related Livelihoods
in West Bengal [PDF]
• Ahuja, Vinod, Mamta Dhawan, Meeta Punjabi and Lucy Maarse. 2008. Poultry Based Livelihoods of the Rural Poor: Case of Kuroiler in West Bengal, South Asia Pro-Poor Pivestock Policy Program [PDF] [Video]
• Ahuja, Vinod, MPG Kurp, NR Bhasin and AK Joseph. 2008. “Assessment and Reflections on Livestock Service Delivery Systems in Andhra Pradesh: Proceedings of the Workshop and Consultations held at Chittoor, Nalgonda, Annavaram and Rampachodavaram”, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, Bern (SDC), Intercooperation in India (IC), Capitalization of Livestock Program Experiences India (CALPI), Government of Andhra Pradesh (GOAP), and Pro-Poor Livestock Policy Initiative of FAO (PPLPI), 45pp. [PDF]
• Venkatramiah, PV and Vinod Ahuja. 2008. “Mainstreaming Minor Veterinary Services in Andhra Pradesh: A Report Based on Expert Group Deliberations and Consultations with Key Stakeholders”, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, Bern (SDC), Intercooperation in India (IC), Capitalization of Livestock Program Experiences India (CALPI), Government of Andhra Pradesh (GOAP), and Pro-Poor Livestock Policy Initiative of FAO (PPLPI), 45pp. [Full Report]
• Ahuja, Vinod (Editor). 2004. Livestock and Livelihoods: Challenges and Opportunities for Asia in the Emerging Market Environment, National Dairy Development Board of Indian and Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. 372p. [PDF]
• Morrenhof, Jan; Vinod Ahuja and Ashok Tripathy (Eds). 2004. Livestock Services and the Poor”, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 242p. [PDF]
• Pradhan, Pramidini, Vinod Ahuja and P. Venkatramiah. 2002. ”Livestock Services and the Poor in Orissa: A Case Study”, Report prepared for Danish Agriculture Advisory Centre, Denmark.
• Ahuja, Vinod; P.S.George, Sunil Ray, M.P.G.Kurup and Vasant Gandhi. 2000. Agricultural Services and the Poor: Case of Livestock Health and Breeding Services in India, IIM Ahmedabad, The World Bank, and SDC, Bern. [PDF]
• Ahuja, Vinod and Meeta Punjabi. 2001. In Search of a New Paradigm for Agriculture Extension in India, Monograph 195, Centre for Management in Agriculture IIM Ahmedabad.
• Ahuja, Vinod; Benu Bidani, Francisco Ferreira and Michael Walton. 1997. Everyone’s Miracle? Revisiting Poverty and Inequality in East Asia, The World Bank, Washington DC. [Link] [Alternate Link]
• Lipton Douglass, Vinod Ahuja and Dale Squires. 1994. Guidelines for Economic Analysis of Non-traditional AID Projects, Report prepared for USAID.
II. Refereed Journal Articles
• Ahuja, Vinod. 2004. “Economic Rationale for Public-Private Delivery of Livestock Services” OIE Scientific and Technical Review, Volume 23, Number 1. [PDF] [Alternate Link]
• Ahuja, Vinod, Jan Morrenhof and Arindam Sen. 2003. “Veterinary Services Delivery and the Poor: Case of Rural Orissa, India” OIE Scientific and Technical Review, Vol 22, Number 3, December 2003. [PDF] [Alternate Link]
• Ahuja, Vinod and Elizabeth Redmond. 2004. “Economic and Policy Issues in the Livestock Service Delivery to the Poor” Tropical Animal Health and Production, 36(3):247-268. [PDF]
• Ahuja, Vinod, Dina Umali-Deininger and Cees de Haan. 2003. “Market Structure and the Demand for Veterinary Services in India” Agricultural Economics, 29:27-42. [PDF]
• Ahuja, Vinod; Kenneth E. McConnell, Dina Umali-Deininger and Cees de Haan. “Are the Poor Willing to Pay for Livestock Services? Evidence from Rural India” Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, (58)1:84-99. (PDF: Are the poor willing to pay for livestock services.PDF) [PDF]
• Ahuja, Vinod. 1998. “Land Degradation, Agricultural Productivity, and Common Property: Evidence from Cote d’Ivoire”, Environment and Development Economics, 3:7-34. [PDF]
• Ahuja, Vinod and Deon Filmer. 1996. “Educational Attainment in Developing Countries: New Estimates and Projections Disaggregated by Gender”, Journal of Educational Planning and Administration, 3:229-254. [PDF]
• Srivastava, R.S.L and Vinod Ahuja. 1996. “Credit needs and their soundness under optimised mixed farming systems: A block level study”, Indian Journal of Economics, 76:341-66.
• Gupta, Tirath and Vinod Ahuja. 1989. “Bagasse Based Paper and Newsprint in India: Economic and Policy Issues”, Vikalpa, July-September.
• Ahuja, Vinod. 1987. “Credit Needs of Farmers in Mixed Farming System: A Case Study of Gunnaur Block of District Budaun, Uttar Pradesh”, Financing Agriculture, April-June.
III. Chapters in Books
• Ahuja, Vinod. (forthcoming) “Animal Health Policy in South Asia: What Can Economic Analysis Contribute”, in Rushton, J (Editor). The Economics of Animal Health and Production, CABI Publishing, Wallingford, UK.
• Gupta, Tirath and Vinod Ahuja. 1992. “Demand Forecasts for Household Energy and Policy for Wasteland Management”, in Anil Aggarwal (Editor). The Price of Forests, Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi.
• Gupta, Tirath and Vinod Ahuja. 1991. “Bagasse for Paper Grade Pulp in India”, in Jorg Becker (Editor). Small Pulp and Paper Mills in Developing Countries, Concept Publishing, New Delhi.
IV. Professional Conference Papers
• Ahuja, Vinod, Mamta Dhawan, Meeta Punjabi and Lucy Maarse. 2008. Chickening out of Poverty: Story of Kuroiler from India, paper presented at the World Poultry Congress, Brisbane, Australia. [PDF] [Video]
• Ahuja, Vinod and Arindam Sen. 2007. Scope and Scale for small scale commercial poultry production in developing countries, paper presented at International Conference on Poultry in the 21st Century: Avian Influenza and Beyond, Bangkok, November 5-7, 2007. [Presentation] [PDF]
• Livestock in Poverty Alleviation Challenges and Opportunities for India Invited paper in 6th Biennial conference of Indian Animal Nutrition Association, held on15th to 17th September, 2006 at Shere Kashmir University of Ag. & Technology, Jammu. [PDF]
• Supply Chain Efficiency in Smallholder Dairying: A Comparative Study of Private and Cooperative Sectors in India, International Conference on Livestock Services, April 16-23, 2006, Beijing, China. (PDF: Marketing Structures for Livestock Products.PDF) [PDF]
• “Livestock Service Delivery in Developing Countries: Efficiency and Equity Implications of Privatization”, paper presented at the International Symosium on Tropical Animal Health and Production, November 2, 2001, University of Utrecht, Netherlands. [PDF]
• “Are the Poor Willing to Pay for Livestock Services? Evidence from Rural India” paper presented at American Agricultural Economics Association Annual Meeting, August 4-9, Chicago, USA. [PDF]
• “Institutions, Institutional Change, and the Environment” paper presented at the ‘2nd International Interdisciplinary Conference on Environment” held at Newport, Rhode Island, USA, June 1996.
• “Land Degradation, Agricultural Productivity and Common Property: Evidence from Cote d’Ivoire”, paper presented at the conference ‘Voices from the Commons’ University of California, Berkeley, USA, June 5-7, 1996.
WORKING PAPERS / WORK IN PROGRESS
• Animal Health for Poverty Alleviation: A Review of Key Issues for India, Background paper for the Livestock Sector Review of the World Bank [PDF]
• Ahuja, Vinod; Daniel Gustafson and Joachim Otte. 2008. “Process, People, Power and Conflict: Some Lessons from a Participatory Policy Process in Andhra Pradesh, India”, IIMA Working Paper No 2008-05-02. [PDF]
• Ahuja, Vinod and Vaibhav Bhamoriya. 2007. “Generating Agricultural Growth in Lagging Regions of India” [PDF]
• Ahuja, Vinod and Kenneth McConnell. “Estimating Willingness to Pay for Veterinary Services in India: A Methodology Paper”, IIMA Working Paper Number 2000-01-01.
• Ahuja, Vinod. Financial Crisis, Social Protection, and Poor in Malaysia”, Background Paper prepared for the World Bank Public Expenditure Review for Malaysia.
• Ahuja, Vinod. “Women and Ethnic Minorities in Vietnam”, background paper for Rural Development Strategy of the World Bank.
• Ahuja, Vinod. “Growth with Redistribution? Povery and Inequality in Malaysia” paper prepared for the Office of the Prime Minister, Government of Malaysia.